Drift Magazine - Melbourne
This product is currently sold out.
This issue contains stories about Melbourne, its coffee, and the people who drink it. For our fifth issue, we hear from dozens of locals, shop owners, roasters, patrons, entrepreneurs, writers, and photographers about what it’s like to drink coffee in Melbourne. The capital of Victoria is flush with cafes, boasting one of the highest concentrations of coffee shops per capita in the world. Home of the flat white and avocado toast, this unsuspecting epicenter of the coffee world is at a crossroads, as its most towering figures take what they’ve learned to enterprises overseas, and leave the Australian city to recalibrate its identity.
Drift, Melbourne guides us from Italy to Bali to New York, from 19th century pioneers to the future, as we take a magnifying glass to what makes Melbourne’s coffee scene tick.
Drift: Melbourne includes:
- A look into Australian cafe culture, including the health-conscious dishes that have emerged from it, such as avocado toast and chia seed pudding;
- Photo essay of the city’s famous graffiti artists;
- How refugees seeking asylum in Melbourne are trained to be baristas at one of the city’s best shops;
- Tracing the history of the Keep Cup and environmental sustainability;
- A photo series dedicated to Melbourne office workers queueing for their morning cups;
- A profile of an artist building and refurbishing espresso machines;
- How Melbourne’s Italian community laid the groundwork for the city’s ascendancy to coffee shop Mecca;
- And more…
DETAILS 160 pages, offset-printed and perfect bound, full colour on uncoated paper. Carbon neutral printing. No ads (That's right!).